Attacks like the one on January 7, 2015, against the newspaper Charlie Hebdo in Paris are becoming all too common. Threats by Islamic terrorists and dictatorial regimes have been happening since Ayatollah Khomeini issued a fatwa against Salman Rushdie in 1989. In this talk, Ayn Rand Institute senior fellow Onkar Ghate discusses how to defend freedom of speech in the face of religious attacks. This talk was recorded on Saturday, July 4, 2015, at the Objectivist Summer Conference 2015 in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Amy Peikoff “The Logical Atheist” Debates Tucker Carlson on Fox News
- Ayn Rand on Rational Religious People
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali on Sharia Law
- Video: What is the Future for Women in Islam?
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali on Trump’s Immigration Ban
- Video: Insight On How a Muslim in England Was Taught To Hate Jews
- Creating Christ: How Roman Emperors Invented Christianity
- Video: Ayn Rand’s Sacred Atheism
- Atheism: The Case Against God By George H. Smith
- Using Reason to Flourish by Eric Daniels